A five-day hyper accelerator born to raise the bar in Japan’s social entrepreneurship ecosystem, ULJ originated out of the Unreasonable Institute, a Boulder, Colorado based accelerator whose participating businesses have achieved fundraising totals of over $80million.
One year has passed since Unreasonable Lab Japan was first held. This year, ULJ brings an even greater number of social entrepreneurs, partners and supporters in a growing ecosystem.
- EdTech Women Japan Panel Discussion at E-learning Award on October 28th, 2016
As one of the founding members of Japan chapter, Emi will be taking a part of panel discussion at E-learning award 2016 to help announce the launch of EdTech Women Japan.
- Most Likely to Succeed 3rd film screening, followed by discussion with Ben Nelson, the Founder of Minerva Schools – October 24, 2016 in Tokyo (@Tokyo Academics)
Click here for details of the event.
- Joho Kanri October 2016 Issue
Emi wrote 3 book review to introduce 3 books that will help readers to learn how to best navigate the era of 4th industrial revolution.
- TEDxRoppongi – Thinking about Thinking on September 4th, 2016
Emi delivered her 1st TEDx talk on “Disrupt Tradition and Raise STEAM Ambitious Girls”.
- Arts & Tech Active Summer Camp
– August 25-27, 2016 in Tokyo: fully booked
– July 11 – July 15, 2016 in Tokyo: fully booked
Goal: Provide fun and engaging STEAM learning opportunities for kids (especially girls) to explore, think, and build in both concrete and digital forms. We, adults, will be facilitators to help kids through, but we will let the kids creativity and imagination take charge over this 5 day weekend.
- Most Likely to Succeed Japan Screening – June 7th and 18th in Tokyo
As a co-founder of FutureEdu Tokyo, we welcomed 130 parents and educators to join us for the first public screenings of Most Likely to Succeed, one of the best education documentaries ever produced, according to Education Week. Have a look at how the event was on our Facebook Page !
- H2 & Slush Asia Tech Leaders Drinks – May 13, 2016
H2 is a global digital network for digital industry. Since April, I am a co-chair of Tokyo Chapter. We partnered up with Slush Asia to host post-Slush Asia drinks for 50 budding tech entrepreneurs from across Asia.
- Serving Several Committees at Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
Since September 2015, I started serving committees around IT and communications. Currently, serving as a member of IoT and Information and Communications Council.