Future Citizens focuses on the following areas:
- Community: Building and engaging like minded parents via FutureEdu Tokyo community.
- Entrepreneurship: Co-leads Unreasonable Lab Japan, a hyper accelerator for social entrepreneurs in Japan, powered by Unreasonable Institute. Just finished 2016 batch with 10 teams pithing in front of 200+ audience on November 6, 2016.
- STEAM: Involved in several projects to promote STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) among young children.
- Consulting/Mentoring: Mentoring and consulting for startups and internet based businesses.
- Writing & Speaking & Workshops: Promote discussion on #21stcenturyeducation for our future generation.
A Face behind Future Citizens
Emi Takemura – Founder
Emi started her career in management consulting before joining Excite Japan in 1999 as a board member and Director of Business Development. In 2002, Emi joined Amazon Japan to lead its Books and subsequently marketing division, later joining its management team. Emi joined Disney Interactive Media Group in 2006 as its Marketing Director. Since 2010, Emi embarked on startup journey and co-founded Peatix.com in 2011, a leading community event platform in Japan and Southeast Asia. Emi has led efforts to drive its adoption in Japan and the Southeast Asia region as CMO and Head of Asia. Emi has also co-founded Unreasonable Lab Japan, a hyper accelerator for social entrepreneurs in Japan, since the Fall of 2015. Emi is currently leading several projects to help spread 21st century education in Japan. In addition to leading Future Citizens, Emi is also a fellow at Mistletoe Inc. and serves a several committees at Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. A mother of two children, Emi holds a B.A. in Economics from Keio University, an MBA from Wharton School, and an MA in International Studies from University of Pennsylvania.
Some of the brands/companies* that Emi has worked with in the past include:
- CS First Boston
- Disney Interactive Media Group
- Excite Japan
- Estee Lauder
- McKinsey& Company
*as employers or clients